Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Elections and MITT ROMNEY!

So I wasn't going to start this on my blog cause I was just going to keep it family stuff (which is why I have a whole blog for IDOL). ..(Although it is fascinating that I have had more hits and comments on my idol blog than the family blog..just an interesting little insight.) After reading my sister's blog, I felt I needed to just rant on my own. This is kind of a mini journal and elections is what happening at the time, so why not?

I love ELECTION YEAR ! I love how it makes me feel patriotic. I remember the last election. I was in a political sociology class (perfect for election year). My teachers were telling me how my vote statistically doesn't count, yet I really need to vote, in fact it was my grade. How contradictory! We watched the elections and had a big AMERICAN flag that we colored after the results were posted! Fun TIMES! Anyway--I am going to come out and say it! I support Mitt Romney 100%.

I did not fully support him originally simply because he was a Mormon. I do not feel you should support someone just because they are the same color or gender as you, or whatever... So, I did not want to back someone up just because he was my same religion (in other words, I didn't really know about him at that point and what he stood for). I heard of too many people liking him ( just like they go with other candidates) simply because he was mormon--which, sad to say, does not necessarily make you a good candidate (however, in this case, it does cause he is great)! I want to back up a candidate because I know the issues and I know how they handle it, and believe in what they are doing and how they stand for it.I agree with my sister that the system is broken. The way we handle elections really is not for our one voice---it worked when it was first set up, but times have changed...AMERICA is BIGGER...etc..

I am not going to rant about how good or bad any candidates are. This is not what this is about. I think everyone should decide for themselves. I think it is beyond party. Just because someone is a democrat or republican does not mean their views are accurate simply because you are a republican or democrat yourself.

We need to get involved, and know the issues, and not go in blindly voting. We might have to study it out ourselves, and remember that Media is not always accurate. Media tells you what they want you to believe. It is fascinating how in one story 40% is nothing, and in another it is huge! Statistics can be misleading.

I don't want to talk about this on my blog too much cause it is too big for me. I do not claim to understand the process or all of the situations. I do believe I have a voice and an opinion. I believe that some politicians can be bought or will shake your hand simply for a vote. I also believe that others, such as Mitt Romney, will not sway from what they said, or put on a show simply to put on a show.

I just want to again say that I WILL BE VOTING and I WILL BE DOING MY OWN RESEARCH. I urge you all to do the same. Do not be ignorant--get involved. I believe our voices can be heard! I believe that we should get involved in what is happening in our country...and my voice will be heard!

3 comments:

H-less said...

So happy that you are so strong and into it too! I am sad when I hear so many people, particularly women, who don't seem to care enough to research. I love you Jamie. A woman of my own heart. Thanks for the time you take to blog, I always love reading your words

Clean Cut said...

For the longest time, I kept checking your blog, and the stuff on top was always the same, so I thought you hadn't added anything new to your blog! I'm so glad I scrolled down and saw all these new posts. I'm excited that you've come around and support Mitt Romney. I was driving home today listening to Sean Hannity and he flat out said he will be voting for Romney. Ann Coulter was on and said Romney is by far the smartest and best candidate, and that she'd vote for Clinton before she voted for McCain. If only the majority of Republicans would listen to these conservative talkers and see for themselves that Romney should be our nominee. So close, and yet so far in Florida. I'm afraid that California is going to follow suit on Tuesday. At least you Utahns will be able to give him some delegates--only 4 days away from super tuesday.

JAMIE said...

you know what is so sad...I am not sure Mitt is going to take UTAH. There are alot of utahns talking about Mcain and this new dud Ron paul. That would be a devastation...and I don't think 4 delgates make a diff but if he can't get utah, then i am not sure he can get everyone else.