Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Don't grow up too fast!




I know all I ever post about is the baby and me but since I am a full time mom and that job NEVER stops, even if we ever get a babysitter---it is my entire life.

Last night I had an interesting experience. Andy sleeps in a little play pen right next to our bed (it is the only thing we can afford and the only space we have). She cried out and I leaned over to look at her and she seemed fine, just wanted to cry or something. So I tried to go back to sleep. This continued for a while and then I finally got her out of her play pen.

I am not sure exactly how much time had passed since I think I fell back asleep. When I picked her up she was wet all over. I kept thinking--"how in the world did this happen?"


Come to find out, her diaper was only HALF on. I half laughed half cried at the thought of how this could have happened as I swear I was careful with her diaper!



On that note, I find it interesting that my feelings for my baby can be somewhat of an oxymoron. See, of course I want her to get big and learn to crawl and talk and walk. At the same time, I love having my little baby. I love that she NEEDS me and get tired of it at the same time. I tell her that she will never understand just how much I love her (that is until she has her own little girl). They grow up too fast for my liking. She has gotten so big in just a few short months I just can't handle it!

(One day our ENTIRE Family will be in a pic again)---we hope soon!

I love how much joy she brings me and happiness to our home. I love that what she says goes--literally she rules the house. I love that I can tell her about everything and even though she can't tell me, I feel she understands.

---More on the Prophet----

The other day I was so sad about our prophet dying that I just had to hold ANDY and tell her "Now, this was your first Prophet. I know you won't remember him much, but he was a wonderful man. And momma is sad right now."

I want to go to his viewing this week, so if we end up making it, I will definitely have some feelings to share. Last night they did a tribute to President Hinckley and showed a man of integrity . I watched it while Steve was at work. Now, I have seen it before several times. Of course it took on a new light after his death. He truly was a remarkable man and did so much for the church and for everyone he knew, including the students of BYU. I feel I need to go through my own mourning process. I forgot how he had the best sense of humor. I don't remember laughing so much during conference and other talks.

Little Andy will have a new prophet that she can listen to. I will, however, tell her stories of her momma's prophet and how he touched her life. For now I am just so grateful for the joy Andrea brings to our lives and just pray for her happiness and well being.

6 comments:

Taffers Dawn said...

your little girl is just so cute!!! I can't wait unitl i have one of my own. You need to check out Kari's blog. She's listed on my list of friends and family. She just had her second baby.

Taffers Dawn said...

Thanks for your prayers and I would love to come see you. I am in provo so we are super close!

H-less said...

I love these pictures as usual and I have had experiences like that where you wonder why they are crying and then find out something was actually wrong...so sad. I am glad that you held her and told her about our Prophet. I love hearing what you write and look forward to your posts. Love you and that little Andy. Today, Addy said she missed Steve. So cute. I miss him too.

Unknown said...

I am so gald that you went onto my blog! Yeah! It has been so long! We rally need to get cuaght up on each others lives! You have a darling little girl! I love the pictures!

Sally F said...

It's really not fair how fast they grow! I know it wasn't an easy thing getting her here for you, and that probably adds to those feelings, too. I sometimes just want to savor every moment with Tyler because I don't know when or if we'll have any other little ones join us.

Page said...

I had the same feelings about my baby and the prophet... and told him similar things!

Also, about the diaper being half of... my niece started taking her own diaper off during naps and at night when she was about one. It got quite messy! My sister now uses duct tape to secure the diaper!!