Thursday, January 24, 2008

DInners Ready--Oh, Just Kidding!


Here is my story, and I hope you get a laugh out of it. So, my sister calls me up and says, I know a good crockpot recipe that you should use sometime. She tells me the ingredients and I realize that I have all the ingredients for this feast. I was so worried about what to make for dinner that I was not going to make it. It is a thing called beef stroganoff .

I wish I could fully express how huge this excitement for this anticipated meal. I was pumped, ready, excited and the anticipation was probably an even bigger build up than the actual meal. I picked Steve up from school and that was the first thing I said to him--"dinner is cooking, I am so excited. It should all be ready by 6."
Ok, so this is too much build up cause we all know what happened right? I decide that I am going to make the noodles as 5:30 and make some rolls. Before I do this, I want to check on our little feast. I look in the pot and see that the meat is still raw...WHAT? How is that possible? Did I do something wrong? The answer is YES! In fact, you need to not only turn it on, but plug it in. Oh yeah, another clue would be if you could smell it cooking, that might give a little hint.

Needless to say I am trying to get a laugh out of it. I actually was quite upset about it at first. I really was looking forward to eating right then. The good news (besides the fact that I am so HILARIOUS) is that it will get eaten, just four hours later and it will be just as good! So, please laugh with me. We have all been there. Or is it just me? The greatest part is that, as usual, my husband has the best attitude about it and will laugh with me...another reason to love him more..

5 comments:

Pamela said...

So are you going to pass out the recipe or what?!? :)

H-less said...

OK, so this is just Classic, I love the irony of it all. It looks like ti turned out really good. You'll know better next time. Check that plug! Love you!

JAMIE said...

CLassic is right...Recipe..crockpot, onion soup mix and cream of mushroom and meat...SO EASY--again, only if you turn on the crock pot

Jenessa said...

Yes, that's a good laugh, Jamie! Only the best laid plans, eh? Glad it still turned out, even if it was a few hours later than expected. Luv ya

Sally F said...

Since I gave this recipe to Sara, let me assure you, you're not the first to bunk it up!

Once my mom made it for a visiting General Authority between stake conference sessions--and dropped it on the driveway! We didn't have time to make anything else, so we scraped up what we could, added some more mushrooms and soup, and prayed that no one chewed on any pebbles! Everyone commented on how great it tasted!

P.S. I like to add mushrooms and red onions and sour cream, too.