Wednesday, January 16, 2008

TRUE BLUE BYU--THE FINAL SEMESTER

I get a little nostalgic when I think of Steve and his final semester at BYU. It brings back memories of my final semester. I always said there were a few things you had to do to call yourself a true blue cougar!


1. Hike the Y
2. Attend a BYU football game.
3. Learn the fight song.
4. Take a social dance class--they are so unique at BYU.
5. Attend something musical-again, unique to BYU.
6. Be in a Y-group
7. Get involved with your religion classes.

The list goes on...but those are my top 7. I tell everyone that is what you have to do BEFORE you graduate. Yes, some of those you can do after, but it is something special when you are a student. Going to a game for example, not only is it cheaper but crazier in student seats!

I am so happy that Steve will be done in April, yet part of me is sad. He does not want to do the whole graduation ceremony, but I am making him do it for me. He won't have this opportunity again. I never thought after I graduated and left Provo that I would be back. Now I am really going to miss it.

Steve takes the MCAT in April and off to medical school next year. We are applying everywhere. Particularly where we know people. For now, I am Ms. Mom to our little pride and joy and spend most of my days playing with her and on the phone to insurance companies and hospitals--maybe I should get paid to do it.

Steve and I have been more diligent in our scripture study and have been loving every second of it. We look forward to it every day and have noticed the spirit is more present in our home as we are trying our hardest to invite it in. I encourage you all to try for a new zeal with the scriptures. Even when we are half out of it, we feel that our efforts have made all the difference. Especially since it is very little time that we are together as a family as Steve is going everywhere. What better time spent then reading together as a family?

This is a great little rant, and I have no pics to add today. So with that thought, I need to get back to my little gal who is crying for her momma and making me melt!

4 comments:

H-less said...

CAN I SAY ANYTHING TO THIS? She is just my fav. I love that she is like Steve in her busy-body-ness. Love the tongue rolling. Like hearing the last semester plans and update. I'll write more tomorrow. So glad you do this.

Clean Cut said...

Oh, you really have a good list there for things you have to experience as a BYU student. I can think of a couple more, but you've got the main ones. I sense you guys are really happy. We are so happy for you. We're also nervous with you as you're about to make such big changes in your life. But it's an excited nervous. And we're excited for you!

JAMIE said...

I would like to hear the others that you can think of...I know there is more that I would say you have to do, but of anyone...I would say that YOU clean cut (with a coke) got the BYU experience.

Unknown said...

Jamie,
Your blog is awesome. I love the music and the cute pictures of your baby. It is a fun way to get to know you better. I really liked your comments on how music has touched your life. I agree, music is the best. Thanks